I am feeling rather delighted to be recognized by fellow blogger Ting, from thetingthing.com
to participate in this award. Basically this is where a fellow blogger nominates another blogger on their blog (let's say blog a few more times! haha) as someone who deserves more followers/blog traffic in there opinion. Ting so kindly thought of me, *blushing*, and now it's my turn to answer the 11 questions and 11 fun facts that she has asked and nominate another 11 blogs with under 200 followers. (Some people may have just a couple over in my nominations) #rulebreaker
Q's from Ting and A's from Me:
1) If you could bring back any discontinued or limited edition product what would it be? Kat Von D for Sephora's original lipstick line. I love the finish and am sad that they have been discontinued completely, but the new formula is lovely, though my favorite shade Stiletto didn't make the new range. :(
2) What's your screen saver? Bubbles3) What is the first beauty product that you had and do you still have it? I think it was the Lip Smackers Vanilla Frosting lip gloss when I was 4. I don't have that tube but I still repurchase it from time to time and I have it in my collection now.
4) Which do you prefer to spend your time and money on - Skin Care or Makeup? I probably spend more on makeup since I have a freelance kit and because I don't switch my skin care up unless my skin stops liking something or has a new need that what I'm already using can't fill.
5) You get to pick one free item from Space NK what do you choose and why? I would pick the Essential Brush Collection from Kevyn Aucoin, because I would adore having these brushes and I also right now wouldn't have the excess funds to spend $650.00 on brushes.
6) If you could design one skin care/make up product, what would it be and why? I would 100% want to create the perfect blood red lipstick in a gun metal tube that looked like a real bullet. (No...I haven't thought about this before at all. lol)
7) What is your ambition/wish this year? I think I would like to start doing more freelance work and build a steady clientele.
8) Thing you are saving up for at the moment? A MacBook Pro
9) What is your Karaoke song? Chain of Fool by Aretha Franklin (or at least it used to be, haven't karaoke'd in a while.)
10) What is the secret talent that you wished that you had? I wish I could draw, particularly people's faces, since I do makeup I think that would be a handy addition to face charts.
11) What is your most repurchased beauty product? Probably Too Faced: Better Than Sex Mascara. I stray and come back, stray and come back.
1) I am Salvadorian, Spanish, Welsh and English with a dash of French.
2) I am most happy/comfortable in big cities.
3) I have 6 tattoos
4) I am from San Jose, California
5) I could not live without Asian and Latin Food
6) Blair Waldorf from Gossip Girl was/is my style queen and whenever I feel I need to refocus my wardrobe I look back over seasons just for her looks.
7) Contouring, highlighting and brows are my favorite part of doing makeup
8) I'm a book worm
9) My favorite quote from Romeo & Juliet is from Friar Laurence-"These violent delights have violent ends..." (No that's not just from Twilight people. lol)
10) I love the rain. I mean it can rain for a month and everyone else is sad and I'm like "Yes!! this is my time.
11) I was home schooled all the way till graduation and was asked each year if I wanted to go to school and when I was ten answered "No, I don't want to spend my time in a repressive environment." and I stand by that.
Now the 11 blogs I nominate as blogs that deserve more readers. Follow all of them on Bloglovin'!
Swatches & Whatnot
Mix and Style
Bambi in Wonderland
I let everyone know who had comment sections on their blogs.
Now here are my 11 questions for all of you!
1) Where do you feel most at home in the world?
2) What is on fashion item that is a staple in your wardrobe?
3) What is your signature lipstick/gloss?
4) If you're having a down day what's the one thing that puts you in a good mood?
5) What is the item in your makeup bag that you will always come back to/repurchase?
6) What was your first high end makeup purchase?
7) Who is your style icon?
8) What is one look you don't think you'd ever attempt, fashion or makeup wise?
9) If a friend asked you to recommend one makeup/skin care item what would you suggest?
10) Smokey-eye, bold lip or both?
11) What's your favorite clothing store/website?
xoxo, Amandaps if you like the lipstick above keep an eye out for my next post! hint: more Kat Von D