The other night I went out with a friend/coworker to get some Pho and have a chat. This lead to a
talk about makeup, as most of my interactions do. She, so kindly, complimented how my makeup is always done well and smartly suggested that I do a post for people who need a quick and easy look that could be done in a short amount of time before work. I thought this was a grand idea. So, I think I'll be posting a couple of these a month, for the people who want to get pretty...quick. I hope you enjoy my 15 minute face.
Benefit: The POREfessional
NARS: Sheer Glow in Gobi
Bobbi Brown: CreamyConcealer in Ivory
NYX: Blush in Taupe
Too Faced: Chocolate Soleil in Light-Medium
Anastasia Beverly Hills: Dipbrow in Ebony
MAC: Vanilla Pigment
Urban Decay: Eye Shadow in Blunt
Tarte: Pin Up Blush Palette (Bashful) Limited Edition
NARS: Blush in New Order
Urban Decay: Heavy Metal in AC/DC
Benefit: They're Real Mascara
Sephora Collection: Cream Lip Stain in 01 Always Red
- Prime with The Porefessional mixed with a dab of Copacabana with hands.
- Buff Nars Sheer Glow into skin to the coverage you desire with a buffing brush.
- Contour with NXY Taupe blush mixed with a bit of Chocolate Soleil with a contour brush.
- Apply Ivory Concealer with finger using a dabbing motion under eyes.
- Fill in brows with Diprow and run a spoolie through brows to soften.
- Prime eye lids with Eden primer.
- Apply Vanilla Pigments to inner corner of the eye and the brow bone with a shadow brush.
- Apply Blunt all over lid.
- Apply Bashful (or an apricot blush) on the cheeks starting at the upper cheek and working on to the apples.
- Apply New Order over where you just placed the apricot blush for a a little shimmer.
- Use Vanilla Pigment to highlight the cheekbones.
- Apply AC/DC glitter to the lower 1/3 of the eye lid. (If you apply too much to one spot just dab with your finger.)
- Curl lashes and apply Mascara
- Apply Cream Lip Stain. (or whatever lip you like.)
I timed myself and I was able to do this in 15 minutes. It was a focused effort, but I can do
it. If you are newer to makeup application it may take you a few minutes more. You can always skip the contouring, bold lip or glitter if those are steps you don't feel like you need. I hope this helps when you're in a hurry and still want to feel put together.
If you liked this post please let me know and be sure to follow so you don't miss out on future
posts. Tell me, what's your go to product when you're rushing to get out the door? Let me know in the comments!