I was listening to The Beatles the other day and began to think about how summer is the time
for concerts and that lead to this post. I thought I'd do a tutorial for a soft, bronzed, summer, smokey eye to wear to concerts/shows this year. I also wanted to use a product that a lot of you may already own and if not, probably something comparable. Hope you enjoy!
What I used:
Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion in Eden
Urban Decay Naked Palette
Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara
1) I started by priming the eye with the Eden primer from Urban Decay. Then I used shade 1 (Virgin) to highlight my brow bone and inner corner of my eyes.
2) I used shade 2 (Naked) as a crease shade and blend that with a fluffy blending brush in the crease and just above it.
3) I used shade 3 (Buck) to deepen the crease, right in the socket.
4) I then used shade 4 (Smog) on a flat shader brush all over the lid and under the lower lash line on the outer 2/3..
5) Next I used shade 5 (Half Baked) in the inner corner and the inner 1/3.
6) Then I too shade 6 (Dark Horse) on a tapered blending brush and applied it in a C shape to the outer corner and half way in on the crease. I followed with smudging it on the lower lash line 1/3 on the way in.
7) I then popped a bit on 5 (Half Baked) on the center of my eye to add a bit more warmth to the look.
8) I then used my Better Than Sex mascara for a volumized lash look.
I hope you've enjoyed this quick but sultry makeup look for summer. Due to all the gold tones it
manages to look both natural and smoldering at the same time. What is a palette you
think I should do a look with?