I've done a post like this before after my friend suggested it as an idea for people who are just
getting into makeup or for people who don't want to take as much time but still want to feel like their makeup looks good. She pointed out that it had been a long while since I did a 15 Minute Face and that she would like another one. So, I decided to do a fresh faced, minimal product look.
What I used:
Smashbox - Photo Finish Primer Water
Becca - Backlight Priming Filter
Too Faced - Born This Way Foundation in Ivory
Anastasia Beverly Hills - Dipbrow in Ebony (Not Pictured)
Anastasia Beverly Hills - Clear Brow Gel
Bobbi Brown - BBU Palette - Corrector in Natural and Concealer in Warm Ivory
(Also sold separately)
Urban Decay - Primer Potion in Eden
Too Faced - Chocolate Bar Palette
Make Up For Ever - Smoky Extravagant Mascara
Becca - Beach Tint in Watermelon
Color #1 - Marzipan
Color #2 - Creme Brulee
Color #3 - Semi-Sweet
Color #4 - Milk Chocolate
Color #5 - White Chocolate
Color #6 - Champagne Truffle
1) This is something new to me and I'm still testing it out, but it's what I'm using. I sprayed my face with the Smashbox Primer Water. Hopefully this helps with my dry skin.
2) Then for even more moisture I used the Becca primer because it's glycerin based.
3) Then I buffed the Born This Way foundation into my skin.
4) After that I corrected and concealed my under eyes.
5) With a damp Beauty Blender I set my under eye with my Tarte loose powder.
6) Next I filled in my brows and set them with brow gel.
7) I primed my eyes with Eden from the inner corner up to the brow bone.
8) I took a mix of 1 and 2 on a flat shadow brush and put it all over the mobile lid.
9) Then on a tapered blending brush I took a mixture of 3 and 4 in the crease. I kept my eye open so that I didn't go above the socket.
10) I then brushed off any excess powder from step 8 and then went in with shade 5 on the brow bone for a matte highlight.
11) Next I took color 6 and popped that in the inner corners of my eyes to open them up.
12) Then on a pencil brush I took the same mix of 1 and 2 and ran that along the lash line.
13) Then for a dual purpose flush I put a bit of the Beach Tint on the back of my hand and starting just above the apples of my cheeks and then blending where I know I naturally flush. I also used this as my lip tint for a natural, fresh look.
14) I then used color 6 as a highlight on my cheeks bones, tip of my nose, cupids bow and chin.
15) The last step is mascara. For a more natural look just do the top lashes and for a slightly more open eye do both top and bottom.
I hope you guys like this look. So sorry about my schedule being all messed up. You may be
able to tell from my eyes in these pictures that I'm still sick. (Two weeks in...ugh!) But I wanted to put something up and let you know that I'm still here and that if my comments are missing from your posts too, that's why.
Hope your holidays are going well and that you find a place for this look helpful during the
December madness! Tell me what your go-to fresh face makeup item is in the comments!